The Parish of Leck, the name of which means, " a great stone" is four kilometers east of Letterkenny. In the eighteenth century, the church was in good order. The building was replaced in 1839 with a new building which was built by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. It was a simple rectangular three bay hall.
Leck and Aughanunshin parishes were amalgamated in 1872, and both were amalgamated with Conwall in 1900 to form Conwall Union. The church was closed in 1972.