Kilcar, "The Church of Carthagh" is a small parish in the south-west of Donegal, between Killybegs and Glencolumbkille. St. Carthagh is thought to have presided over a monastery in the area about 540 A. D.
The present church was built in 1828. It was a plain building with two bays and a tower. It was closed in 1960 and is now a ruin.